Good afternoon Roadrunners,
I am very excited to begin school on August 17, 2020, virtually! However, I realize that the decision to return to school virtually may create questions for you and your family. My goal is to provide you with information as soon as I receive it from the district.
- Virtual learners will engage in live-online and recorded lessons from their teachers during normal class times aligned to a normal school schedule.
- Training on various platforms will be available to students and parents. PreK students through 2nd grade will be utilizing Seesaw while 3rd grade through 5th grade will be utilizing Schoology for online learning. Stay tuned for information regarding student logins and passwords.
- Attendance, assignments, assessments, and grades will be required.
- Plans are in place to issue devices and internet connectivity as requested and provide instructional and technical support through videos, tutorials, and hotlines for students, parents, and staff.
- If your student(s) need a device, please complete the attached fillable document and return it to the office, or you may email the document to Assistant Principal, Mrs. Hunte at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete and RETURN by Thursday, August 6, 2020.
- Hotspots will only allow a student to access the learning platform websites outlined by the district.
- Grab & Go breakfast and lunch will be provided for students who qualify for free and reduced meals for the 20-21 school year and those who opt to purchase meals.
- Continue to check https://www.killeenisd.org/covid19 for the Grab & Go Meal locations.
- Your student must have a lunch application for the 2021 school year to receive free and reduced meals. The form can be found and submitted online at https://www.killeenisd.org/meals_application. Please contact School Nutrition at 254-336-0775 for questions regarding the application approval process.
Registration & Classroom Teacher Assignment
- Parents will be able to register students in-person at every campus on July 29 - 30 from 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
- Staff will be available to accept documents, answer questions, and assist with enrollment.
- You will receive a letter from Meadows after August 7, 2020, with your student’s assigned classroom teacher.
Thank You for your continued patience during this transition to virtual learning for our school and district. I remain committed to partnering with you to provide your student(s) with the best education in Texas. Lastly, your needs and questions are important to me. Please let me know of any questions and concerns, and I will be happy to meet with you.
Nickolas Smith, Principal
2020 Summer Resources:
Volunteer applications for the 2020-2021 school year should be completed in August for the new school year.
The apps Imagine Math, Imagine Learning, Raz-Kids, and ST Math are available for students who attended during the 2019-2020 school year.