Road to Graduation: Class of 2019
For all information about the Class of 2019 including graduation information, please click 'Students & Parents' and select 'Road to Graduation.'
This will provide you with the latest information on all things SENIORS!
Go Lions and congratulations Class of 2019!
Greetings Lion Family,
We are so excited about the first inaugural class of ECHS graduating tomorrow! Please review the information below for reminders about tomorrow’s graduation ceremony.
- ECHS Class of 2019 Graduation is Friday, May 31st 1:00pm at the Bell County Expo Center (301 W. Loop 121, Belton)
- Graduates need to arrive at the Exposition Hall no later than 12:00
- Only graduating seniors are allowed in the Exposition Hall.
- The doors guests to enter will open at 12:00pm. No tickets are needed for entry to ECHS Graduation. Seating is first come, first serve.
- KISD dress code is still enforced as this is a formal ceremony to recognize and celebrate all the hard work of our scholars and the support of their family and friends at this special occasion.
- The Graduation Ceremony is a dignified occasion intended as a celebration for the hard work of for students and their loved ones who have helped along the way. Any conduct that distracts from the dignity and importance of the ceremony will not be tolerated. Any conduct that is deemed disruptive or inappropriate by the ECHS Administration will result in the graduate being escorted from the stage to a holding area, being removed from photographs and video recordings of the ceremony and have his/her diploma held until the following week. Students who are escorted from the ceremony will pick up their diploma from the principal on Monday, June 3rd, at a time convenient for the principal. Inappropriate conduct includes, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, posing on the stage, changing any part of attire to draw attention, dancing, pranks, blowing kisses, etc.
- No carried items (including purses, shades, cameras, bags, AND NO CELL PHONES) will be allowed in the line up area. Girls should leave purses with parents. No one will be permitted to leave the line up area after putting on his/her cap and gown. No one, other than seniors, may enter the Assembly Hall. Anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances may be removed from the line and will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Parents and friends are not allowed on the bottom floor of the arena. Please arrange to meet your family and friends outside after the ceremony has concluded. Cameras and video cameras are welcome. Prohibited items: signs or banners, balloons, air horns, and reserved seating.
- REMINDERS: DO NOT DECORATE OR ATTACH ANYTHING TO YOUR CAP. Girls remember your bobby pins and safety pins. Dress shoes with moderate to low heel are strongly suggested (for your safety going up and down many steps). No gum, no jeans, no tennis shoes, no flip flops, no flowers, which includes leis and corsages. TASSELS SHOULD BE WORN ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CAP AND CAPS SHOULD BE PARALLEL TO THE FLOOR.
- GRADUATION, or the commencement exercise, is a privilege and not a right. This is a formal ceremony. Please act in a dignified manner. Anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be allowed to participate. NO YELLING OUT, IMMATURE PRANKS OR ANY OTHER DISTRACTING BEHAVIOR WILL BE TOLERATED. (NO AIR HORNS, COW BELLS OR OTHER NOISE MAKING DEVICES.) Please remind guests to behave appropriately for the safety of all involved.
- The photographer will take a picture of each senior as he/she receives their diploma cover. This proof will be sent to via email and/or address provided sometime in June or July at which time you may decide to place an order with Flash Photography (214-443-9393).
- KISD streams each graduation live for no charge. This will supply students with several ways to help absent family members watch graduation online. Direct absent friends and family to visit the following webpage to watch your graduation LIVE on the day of: https://www.killeenisd.org/gradcast_information
We look forward to a night of historic celebrations as we graduate our first class…Class of 2019.
Thank you and Go Lions!
Selects Killeen ISD Early College High School for Spring Learning Tour.
Attention ECHS Students!!
Please bring your submission to Ms.
Parker in the AP's office by the 3rd Friday
of each month. Submissions will be
displayed on a monthly rotation.