Meadows Elementary School is a public elementary school for the Killeen Independent School District, located just inside the East Gate of Fort Hood, Texas. The school opened in 1953 and operated at the original campus site until 2006 when our current building was constructed right next to the original site. The original building was dedicated on November 23, 1953, by Post commander Major General William S. Biddle, in honor of LTC Benjamin Earle Meadows. LTC Benjamin Meadows served valiantly for the United States Military. He was the Post Engineer and a council member of the committee that originally established the first elementary school on post.
LTC Benjamin Earle Meadows