What is Interact?
Interact is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young people. It gives young people, such as our high school students, an opportunity to participate in fun and meaningful service projects. Interact clubs perform at least two projects a year, with one servicing the community (local) and the other furthering international understanding. Interact Club is self-supporting and self-governing, thus encouraging the development of leadership skills.
Today, more than 200,000 young adults belong to one of the 6,500 clubs located in 100 different countries, making Interact a truly international phenomenon.
Through Interact service activities, members learn the importance of:
- Leadership skills and personal integrity
- Demonstrating helpfulness and respect for others
- Understanding the value of individual responsibility and hard work
- Advancing international understanding and goodwill
Each year, members and officers are recognized for their services. The available awards are: Interactor of the year (member), Interactor of the year (officer), Outstanding dedication, Service above self, and Avenues of Service. We also give out a scholarship to one senior within our club who applies. This scholarship is awarded from our Harker Heights Rotary club for $1,000.
DUES: $15 yearly
The HHHS Interact Club is a service organization for high school students who desire to volunteer their time and aid school and community. Interact is an international organization sponsored by the Rotary Club of Harker Heights and Rotary International. The word Interact stands for international action. The international objectives are to develop leadership skills and personal integrity, to demonstrate helpfulness and respect for others, to understand the value of individual responsibility and hard work and to advance international understand and goodwill.
- To open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill towards all persons.
- To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national, and world affairs.
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
- To develop life skills including self-development, time management, and personal finances.
- To emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement, and group achievement.
- To build respect for the rights of others based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To create an awareness of the importance of home and family.
- To encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others.
- To recognize and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity.
Meetings are held in room 1110 every first and third Thursday of the month from 4:20pm-5:00pm. Make up meetings are the following Friday at 8:15am
*Every third Thursday we attend the Rotary meetings across the street at St. Paul Chong Hasang Catholic Church Parish Center*
2412 Stillhouse Lake Road (FM 3481)
International- Sole Hope: black sock drive & hygiene item drive
Local- Communities in Schools clothing drive, and Sponsored 2 families in need with Christmas gifts
International- Give Hope Global: sent encouraging letters to kids in Haiti, Soles for Souls: Shoes for countries in need, and 5K (canceled due to COVID-19, but still donated) to raise funds for O.U.R. organization dedicated to rescuing children from sex-trafficking local & world wide
Local- Wands for Wildlife, Letters to Veteran's for Valentines Day, and Sponsored 2 families in need with Christmas gifts