Parents are welcome to visit their student’s classroom adhering to the visitation procedures set forth by the Killeen Independent School District:
- Parents/guardians complete the Classroom Observation Request form available in the school office.
- On a date agreed to by teacher and parent(s)/guardian(s), obtain a visitor’s badge by exchanging your ID for the visitor badge. (See Smart-Check Procedures if this is your first visit at Clear Creek.)
- Before leaving the office, the office staff will notify the teacher of your arrival.
- Once in the child’s class, the classroom teacher will assign your seat ensuring the seating arrangement allows your observation of the class without distracting the students.
- Do not walk around, talk to your child, go through your child’s desk, look over students’ shoulders, ask questions, talk on your cell phone, etc while observing.
- Once the observation is over, depart the classroom without interrupting instruction. Return to the office to exchange the visitor’s badge for your I.D and sign out.
- If there are questions regarding anything in the class, request a conference with your child’s teacher in the front office when you are signing out.
- Only parents/guardians are allowed at the observation – no other adults or children are allowed.
THE TEACHER HAS THE RIGHT TO REQUEST PARENT REMOVAL FROM THE CLASSROOM IF THE PARENT INTERRUPTS INSTRUCTION OR DISTRACTS HIS/HER CHILD TO THE POINT THE STUDENT CANNOT FOCUS ON INSTRUCTION AND LEARNING.