Welcome Military Families
The Killeen Independent School District recognizes the importance of responding to the needs of our students and military families. Click the link below to get more information and access to resources for relocation, academic planning, counseling and support services, and enrollment and registration.
Killeen Career Center Military Liaison Duties Include:
- Serving as the point of contact and working collaboratively between military-connected students and their families and the campus.
- Maintaining familiarity with enrollment processes, records transfer, existing community resources, and student support.
- Ensuring military-connected students are identified and properly coded through the Texas Student Data System Public Information Management System.
- Determining campus-based support and services available to military-connected students based on their unique needs, including their high mobility.
- Assisting in coordinating campus-based programs relevant to military-connected students.
- Attending professional development or training annually to learn and understand topics related to the transition of military-connected students and their families.
- Providing professional development opportunities for staff & faculty to better support military-connected students and their families.