Students shall be dressed and groomed in a manner that is clean and neat and that will not present a health or safety hazard to themselves or others. Clothing will be worn as it is designed to be worn. All dress code issues will be subject to the campus administrator’s judgment.
The following standards must be adhered to:
- No sagging pants. Must be worn at the waist.
- No holes, frays, or faux frays above the knee including patched holes.
- No pajamas or house shoes.
- The guideline for shorts, skirts, & dresses: From the back of the knee, the garment must be no more than 6 inches above the knee.
- No leggings, tights, yoga pants, spandex, or cutoffs.
- Girl tops must cover all cleavage – No visible midriff.
- T-shirt must be worn underneath jerseys with large armpits.
- No tank tops for men.
- No hats, bandanas, hoods, and sweatbands.
If a student is found to be in violation of the Dress Code he/she will be allowed to call a parent to bring a change of school-appropriate clothes to school.
If the student complies:
A Type II District Conduct Violation will be documented AND a lunch detention will be issued.
If the parent cannot come:
The student will sit in ISS for the day AND a Type II District Conduct Violation will be documented.