Meet the First Grade Team
Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Wiley, Mrs. Williams, Ms. Mitchell, Ms. Dickey, Mrs. McFadden
Grade Level Beliefs
- We are committed to designing engaging lessons.
- We have high expectations and believe that all students can learn at higher levels.
- We provide a safe learning environment
- Each child will be encouraged to do his/her best.
- Students will learn to read and comprehend at higher levels.
- Students will build a foundation of basic understandings in number operations, and quantitative reasoning; patterns, relationships, and algebraic thinking; geometry and spatial reasoning; time; money; measurement; and probability and statistics.
- Students will investigate Earth, Physical, and Life Sciences.
How You Can Help at Home
- Read to your child every night and have them read to you.
- Check their bookbags daily for notes and homework assignments.
- Look at the work the teacher is sending home and ask questions about the work.
- Practice basic math skills, sight words, and spelling words.