Meet Our Coaches
From left to right: Mrs. Lopez, Mrs. Garcia, and Mrs. Hubbard
Physical Education Beliefs
- Each student is unique and can perform at higher levels.
- Students will give their attention and commitment when provided engaging, fun activities.
- Each member of the district has the responisbility to ensure quailty experiences.
- We can achieve more by working and playing together.
- Every teacher is a leader and every leader is a teacher.
- The future depends upon the success of public school systems
- Our students will learn to perform fundamental motor skills
- Our students will engage in activities to improve hand-eye coordination.
- Our students will begin to understand how the muscles, bones, heart, and lungs function in relation to physical activity.
- Our students will learn rules and procedures for simple games and apply safety practices associated with physical activities
- Our students will learn age-specific skills and the health benefits of physical activity.
- Our students will learn to match different types of physical activities to health-related fitness components and explain ways to improve fitness based on the principles of frequency, intensity, and time.
- Our students will learn the etiquette of participation and can resolve conflicts during games and sports in acceptable ways.
Benefits of being Physically Active
- Improves overall health: healthier heart, healthy bones, muscle, and joints
- Reduces your risk for diseases
- Increased burning of calories
- Better able to cope with stress
- Increased Energy
Estrella.Garcia@killeenisd.org or Ashley.Hubbard@killeenisd.org