CONNECT ED Below 70% Text/Email Message
CONNECT ED YOU will send TODAY at 5:00PM!
This is ___, Principal of Manor Middle School.
Killeen ISD is launching a new initiative to keep parents of all Middle and High School students informed of their student’s grades. Starting Tuesday, Tuesday, January 21st, if a course average falls below 70, you will receive a ConnectEd text message and email. This will be a weekly communication until their average is above a 70. The text message and email will be generated using real-time grades at the end of the day on Tuesday.
Grades are always available online on the Home Access Center (HAC) which can be found on the KISD homepage under the Students and Parents section.
We encourage you to talk to your student about their grades, and we hope this new resource will allow you to support them at home in a timely manner.
- Averages are calculated from the current grades in the gradebook as of the end-of-day Tuesday.
- The message is sent from Blackboard Connect starting at 6:30pm.
- The notification is sent as a text message and email (no phone calls).
- The text message only includes the name of the student, not the individual courses (we are much more limited in what kind of variable data we can include in the text message).
- The email message includes the student name, specific courses, and name of the campus.
- Both messages encourage parents to view Home Access Center (HAC) for more detailed information.
Below are the scripts for each message type. These are sent from the campus Blackboard Connect accounts, not the district level.
Text Message SCRIPT sent from the campus Blackboard Connect accounts.
Your student, [first name], currently has a grade in one or more courses that has fallen below 70. Please check Home Access Center for more detailed information.
Email Message SCRIPT
Good evening -
Your student, [first name], currently has a grade that has fallen below 70 in the following course(s): [course list]. Please check Home Access Center for more detailed information about your student's grades. Home Access Center can be found on the KISD homepage under Students and Parents.