Harker Heights High School
In accordance with KISD Board Policy EIA (Local), a student shall be permitted one opportunity to redo any assignment or retake any test for which the student received a failing grade. The student or parent must request the additional opportunity within 10 days of the grade being posted in the grade book. Campuses may determine additional and more specific criteria.
The criteria for repeat attempts are as follows:
1. The redo form and procedure are not applicable to Dual Credit classes as these are governed by the syllabus and overseen by the College.
2. The redo form and procedure are not applicable to UIL Eligibility concerns.
3. The student obtains the redo form from the teacher and he/she submits the FULLY COMPLETED form to the teacher, within 10 school days of the assignment being posted in the grade book.
4. Any student who wishes to redo/retake a failing assignment or assessment must complete a minimum of one intervention session during the teacher’s regularly scheduled (posted) tutorial time.
5. The actual redoing of the assignment occurs in the teacher’s regularly scheduled (posted) tutorial time and duration of tutorial time.
6. Redo assignments or assessments will cover the same material, but the new assignment may have a different format or different questions.
7. No redo shall extend beyond the semester grading period.
8. This opportunity does not extend to semester exams or assessments, or final exams or assessments.
9. The student will be awarded the average of the 2 grades achieved on the assignment or assessment.