Note: This doesn't happen if you change your account password using Accounts
If you want your default keychain to be unlocked automatically when you log in,
synchronize your Keychain Access and account login passwords by doing this:
1. Open Keychain Access (you can get to it by
choosing Utilities from the Go menu in the Finder).
2. From the Edit menu, choose Change Password for Keychain "login."
3. Type the former password of the account that you are currently
logged in to, then click OK.
4. If you entered the correct password, a new window appears;
enter the original password again in the Current Password field.
5. In the New Password field, type the password that matches your
current account password.
6. Re-enter the newer password in the Verify field, then click OK.
If you don't remember your original (former) account password
If you don't remember your original password, you'll need to delete the keychain.
Deleting a keychain also deletes all the password data saved in that keychain.
1. In Keychain Access, choose Preferences from the Keychain
2. If available, click the Reset My Default Keychain button. This will
remove the login keychain and create a new one with the
3. If Reset My Default Keychain is not available, choose Keychain
List from the Edit menu.
4. Delete the "login" keychain.
The next time you log in to the account, you can save your current password in a