- Every child must have full access to music instruction.
- Full exposure to music adds to a child's discovery of his/her own unique intelligence mosaic, the "picture of his/her potential."
- All schools should employ a singing based music curriculum.
- Students will learn the folk songs and composed music of our civilization (a diverse civilization,) bringing them to an understanding of who they are in the context of the world around them.
- By studying music, students will acquire higher level thinking skills, enabling them to enlarge the other components in the mosaics of their intelligences.
At Peebles we use the Kodaly Method of teaching music literacy and musicianship to our students. Click here for more information on Zoltan Kodaly and his vision of music education.