• Counselors Office:  254-336-6591

     A-K Students

    Lori Mann, lori.mann@killeenisd.org

    L-Z Students

    Sarah Duke, sarah.duke@killeenisd.org

    Counselor Secretary

    Ute Vanador, ute.vanador@killeenisd.org

     General Information

    The mission of the Union Grove Middle School Counseling Office is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the personal/social, academic and career development of students.

    Union Grove Middle School counselors are available to:

    • Conference with faculty, staff, parents, and students;
    • Assist teachers with parent-team conferences, parent-teacher conferences, provide to teachers and parents records of student's achievement, social and emotional development, and consult with teachers as needed;
    • Assist students with academic, social and personal issues in individual and group counseling settings;


    Address and Phone Changes

    The front office and the counselors’ office should be notified of any changes of address or phone number (home and work numbers). Proof of residency is required. It is extremely important that we are able to contact parents at all times both for emergencies and matters concerning your child’s education.

    Progress Reports

    Progress Reports are issued every three weeks through the Nine Weeks Periods.

    Report Cards

    Report Cards are issued at the end of each nine-week period. During the year, report cards will be given directly to the student. The final report card will be mailed the week after school is out.

    Academic Awards

    Students with high grades will receive academic awards once each year. They must enroll in school by the first day of the second week of the fall semester. They must have a grade point average of 11.3 or above for the semester.

    Withdrawal Procedures

    To ensure a smooth withdrawal for students from KISD, parents should begin the withdrawal procedure several days prior to the student’s last day of attendance. A general withdrawal form will be given to students and parents at the time of withdrawal; this document is usually sufficient for enrollment in another school. Copies of additional documents such as special education or gifted education records will be provided with 48 hours of notice.