Library Hours and Policies
8:00 am- 4:30 pm
8:00 am-4:20 pm
HHHS Library Etiquette
- Enter and exit quietly.
- Do not bring food or drinks into the library.
- Be courteous to other people using the library.
- Talk quietly if you need to communicate with others.
- Throw away any trash and push in the chairs before you leave.
- Check out all resource materials with your Student ID at the Circulation Desk before you exit the Library.
- All students must sign in at the circulation desk upon entering the library.
- Your Harker Heights High School ID Card is required for all library transactions. This includes checking out a book and using a computer.
- You may not check out a book or use a computer if you have an overdue book or owe any fines to the library.
- During class time, students must have a pass from their teacher in order to use the library.
- Any items taken from the library must be checked out.
- Four (4) books may be checked out for two-week period and may be renewed once for an additional two-week period.
- There is a $0.10 per day fine for overdue books.
- Full replacement cost is charged for any lost item.
- Reference books and periodicals (magazines & newspapers) are for use in the library only and may not be checked out.
- Sign in at the Circulation Desk.
- You must have your student ID to use a computer.
- Computer use is for school assignments only. No games.
- Sign on with your own log-on information.
- Do NOT log on to a computer for another person.
- Do not change the computer in any way.
- Printing allowance is 5 pages per student per day. Extra pages are $ .10 each. Students may not print full slide power point pages.
If you don’t follow the rules, you may lose your computer privileges.
Laptop Lending Program
The HHHS Library is participating in the K.I.S.D. Lending Laptop program. This program is for students who are in need of a computer (laptop) to use for homework. All students who wish to take part must turn in a parent permission form 24 hours in advance and have no library fines or overdue books. Laptop Permision forms may be picked up in the library. Keep in mind this program is for school assignments only.