Welcome to the Bellaire Library
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 2:45 pm
Students are welcome to visit the library from 7:00 am to 7:30 am every day of school.
Destiny Online Catalog
Students use this online site to search for books and/or put books on hold.
To find a book:
* Go to KISD libraries online: http://library.killeenisd.org
* Choose Bellaire Library from the list.
* Student needs to log in with their account.
Book Check Out Procedures
* Books are checked out for a maximum period of 10 days. If a book is needed for a longer amount of time, one renewal is allowed.
* Students will bring home a library usage form to be signed by the parents/guardians before being able to check out any books. Please look this form over carefully.
Pre-K - K 1 book at a time
1st - 5th Grades 2 books at a time
Bellaire Elementary Library DATABASES for Research
Why use a library database instead of just doing web searches or "googling" a topic?
- A databse is not the internet. The information has been checked for accuracy and reliability. Information from the World Wide Web (www) might be unsafe, inaccurate, outdated or biased.
- It is an organized collection of information.
- Database information is protected by copyright.
- Our library databases are paid for by our district and state.
*See your Campus Librarian for the Username and Passwords to most of the databases listed below.
"Welcome to Britannica School, a safe, up-to-date, and age-appropriate information resource for Elementary, Middle and High School. Discover encyclopedia articles, multimedia, primary sources, games, and other learning resources that support student research and reinforce curriculum standards."
National Geo Kids; Kids InfoBits; GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy and National Resources); Health and Wellness; and Gale Virtual Reference Library (encyclopedias).
Designed for K-2 learners and curriculum; leveled for beginning readers; and read-along audio by professional voice over artists. Available databases include information on animals, biographies, social studies, science and also dinosaurs.
Subjects include: arts, health, people, langauge arts, science, science fair, social studies, sports, technology, and math.
Topics include: early world of learning, kids, student, advanced, timelines, discover, and dramatic learning.
Free Website Access, no username or password required!
Free website includes information on the world, United States, people, math science, language arts, games, homework, and tools.
Great Sites for Book Suggestions!