This page was designed to keep parents and guardians informed about the events happening on Early College High School Campus and ways that parents/guardians and the community can partner with ECHS to foster postive relationships, model campus involvement, and build a sense of school pride.
Juniors & Seniors: National Night Out is Monday, October 15th. Volunteers are needed from 5-9pm on Fort Hood at Sadowski Field. They need about 15-20 volunteers.
Diversity In Law: Shoemaker HS and the Moss Foundation in conjunction with Baylor Law an Intro to Diversity in Law. This event is Saturday, October 13th from 10am to 12pm at Shoemaker High School. To RSVP or learn more, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Hope to see you there!
PSAT: The PSAT will be administered on Wednesday, October 10th to all 9th through 11th graders. The PSAT rosters for students to see their assigned room location are posted at each campus. Rosters for 11th Graders are posted in the front sign in areas on the doors. Please review this on Tuesday so you know where to report Wednesday morning. CTC is aware that you will be missing classes.
Juniors PSAT Schedule:
PSAT Testing 9:30am – 1:30pm
Lunch 1:30pm – 2:15pm
Tutoring 2:20pm – 2:50pm
5th Period 3:00pm – 4:20pm
*Mr. Bynum will be available during tutoring this day for juniors who need assistance in their US History College Course.*
*Meeting location will be in the Anderson Building Cafeteria*
12th Grade schedule for Wednesday:
Seniors will follow their normal bell schedule. Please keep noise level to a minimum as students will be testing this day.
Displaced classes are as follows:
All classes for 11th & 12th Grade will resume regular schedule 5th period in regularly assigned classrooms.
Tutoring Available for CTC 11th & 12th Graders:
Senior Biology Tutoring is available daily during tutoring time with Mr. Staddick in Room 119. On Wednesday, Ms. Quinn will be on campus to host tutoring same time, same location.
Fridays: There are various dates that a Bio Professor will be available from 8am-10am for Bio tutoring in Building 103.
End of the 9 weeks: The end of the 1st Nine Weeks is schedule for Friday, October 19th. This is also an early release day. A bell schedule will be posted by the end of the week.
October is National principal’s month: National Principals Month is officially recognized throughout the country with national and state resolutions supporting the event, as well as acknowledgements from U.S. senators and representatives and other government officials. Thank you, Ms. Burke, for all that you do for ECHS!
Food Drive: We are excited to be participating in a school-wide food drive to benefit the Food Care Center of Killeen from now October 9th until Nov. 2, 2018. Any non-perishable items you can send with you student should be brought to their 2A class at Fort Hood or your Homeroom Tutoring Teacher at CTC as we are having a friendly competition. We're here to WIN in two ways - come together with generosity and also show solidarity with those in need as Thanksgiving nears!
Here are the logistics:
- Class with the most food items wins a donut/kolache party. 1 for Fort Hood and 1 CTC class will win.
- Friday you will receive a Teacher Tracker Sheet to document your food items weekly.
- A student will come around Friday to collect your food items and place them in the PLC room (Fort Hood) or front area (CTC Building 113—see Ms. Christenson). Thanks!
Echs fundraiser & Community Trunk-or-Treat: ECHS will be hosting a fundraiser during Spirit Week at Urban Air Adventure Park on Wednesday, October 31st in the evening (I’ll send a flyer as soon as we receive it from the business). We will be working with Urban Air to host a community-wide Trunk-or-Treat. We will need 25 vehicles to get this accomplished. Students can volunteer from 5:30-7:30pm to pass out candy. If you’d like to volunteer your car to attend the event and pass out candy, please email Ms. McGee to sign up. Deadline is Wednesday, October 24th (a week before the event). This is a fun and safe alternative to trick-or-treating that night.We hope that you can support us! If you are interested: email email@example.com to sign up!
Check it out: Check out a story about our ECHS seniors. Every day we get closer and closer to the first graduating class of ECHS to walk across the stage. #epic https://www.killeenisd.org/ec_seniors_building_traditions
Friday Night Lights: The next Friday Night Lights is scheduled for Friday, October 26th. This is a week prior to our Homecoming Spirit Week & Festivities. It is only right that we begin some traditions and stir up some positive energy going into the week. We will be conducting our first annual Lights Out Pep Rally. Each class will wear their class colors in neon form and glow attire to represent.
Freshman: Orange Sophomore: Yellow Juniors: Red Seniors: Blue
Friday Night Lights will be scheduled from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. From 5:00pm-5:45pm we will host a Lights Out Pep Rally to include performances by our Step Team, Dance Club, announcement of the Top 3 candidates for Homecoming, Spirit Week fashion show, teacher / student dance-off, and glow volleyball game. If you are interested in chaperoning this event as we will need staff and faculty stationed throughout the stands, please email me. We hope you can attend the event to get involved and see the hard work our students are putting into this event to make it successful. We will sell tickets beginning on October 15th at each campus. Tickets are $1 or a canned food item (this will help us continue supporting the efforts of the campus-wide food drive). Lets start a tradition!
Volunteer Opportunities: Students have many options to volunteer. Please have students see their AVID teachers for more info!
Here are some to share:
- Teen Court Volunteers for Killeen Municipal Court
- National Night Out October 15th 5-9pm on Fort Hood at Sadowski Field
- Chipotle Fundraiser October 23rd 5-9pm
- TAMUCT Trunk-or-Treat October 27th
- Urban Air and ECHS Community Trunk-or-Treat October 31st
- Wrapping boxes for Festival of Trees event November 28th
- Christmas on the Farm December 1st
- Festival of Trees in December 6th
- HEB Feast of Sharing Decorating December 10th 5-8pm Conference Room
Senior Sunrise: The Seniors would like to begin a tradition of Senior Sunrise in the Fall Semester and Senior Sunset in the Spring Semester. We have scheduled Senior Sunrise for Wednesday, November 14th. Seniors will attend to watch the sunrise together and the idea is to have them watch the sunset together in May (cue the tears!). On the November 14th date, we will have a light breakfast available and ceremony to begin at 7:30am. Students will be presented their class ring (if they ordered one) and all will be pinned with a CTC pin. Students will be able to stay their name and where they plan on attending college or branch of service. The formal program will be opening remarks by a senior, quickly have students come up in alpha order, closing remarks by Ms. Burke. Seniors will be sent something home to ask them to RSVP with a one guest limit. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Talent show: The annual Talent Show hosted by Student Council will be on Thursday, November 15th. Contact Ms. Scott for additional information.
- Talent show Auditions Tuesday, Oct 23 through Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
- Final auditions and cuts if needed Tuesday, October 30th and Wednesday, October 31
- Talent show rehearsals during tutorials starting November 1, two weeks prior to the event.
- Final full run rehearsal will be the day prior to the event, November 14th, 2018 starting after 10th grade lunch in the gym. All participants and hosts MUST attend.
Youth Empowerment: A Youth Empowerment Conference is headed to Central Texas on November 7th at TAMUCT from 10am-3pm. Review the attachment for more details.
Fort Hood Intramurals: Please review the attachment. All participants must be signed up to participate. Sign ups are in the gym before school (8am-8:20am). No exceptions! No pass, no play enforced.
2nd 9*Weeks*sign*up*– October*22nd-26th
3rd 9*Weeks*sign*up*– January*8th – 11th
4th 9*Weeks*sign*up*– March*18th – 22nd
Mondays: Volleyball, 4 Square in the Air
Wednesdays: Soccer, Tennis
Thursdays: Flag Football, Dodgeball
- October National Italian American Heritage Month
- Oct 8 Columbus Holiday—No School (CTC still has classes)
- Oct 9 PSAT Boot Camp Study Session, JPLC, 5-8pm
- Oct 9 Guest Contracts available in AP’s Office and printable on Schoology
- Deadline for Guest Contracts is Friday, October 26th by 4pm to AP's Office
- Oct 10 PSAT Administered
- Oct 12 Mandatory Meeting for those interested in running for Homecoming
- Oct 12 Ticket Sales for Homecoming Begin $10 each (no tickets at the door!)
- Oct 15 Lion Leader Nomination Deadline
- Oct 16 National Bosses Day
- Oct 18 AVID Site Team Meeting, 7:45am, Fort Hood
- Oct 19 Student Early Release/End of the 1st Nine Weeks
- Oct 19 ECHS Freebirds Fundraiser 5-8pm