Clear Creek Elementary
2020-2021 Home School Compact
Date of Meeting: 6-1-20
Given that Clear Creek Elementary School serves military children whose Soldier-parent(s) has/have seen military deployments in order to keep our country safe and free from domestic threat.
Given that at any one time, our students may have one or both parents deployed to meet the military missions set forth by our United States government: and
Given that our students must achieve continuous academic growth within the federal requirements of Every Student Succeeds Act 2015 and within the subsequent State of Texas academic achievement requirements set forth through the Texas Education Agency.
We the staff, parents, and students of Clear Creek Elementary shall share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and agree that this compact outlines how everyone shares responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
Clear Creek Elementary School Staff will:
- Set high standards and high expectations for our students’ social, emotional, and academic growth and progress.
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating students to meet the State’s academic achievement standards.
- Provide a safe and drug free school.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress.
- Be available to parents for conferences through a set time during the school day.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer on campus, however not in their own child’s class; and to observe classroom activities.
- Involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of the parent involvement policies, as needed.
- Provide information on the Title 1 program and to give parents the right to be involved.
Parents/Guardians will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- Setting high standards and high expectations for my student’s social, emotional, and academic growth and progress.
- Ensuring my student attends school each day, arriving on time, and leaving only after the school dismissal bell rings except in the event of an emergency or appointment.
- Asking my student each day about classroom learning goals.
- Making sure homework is completed daily and checked by us and responding appropriately to all notices and information provided by school staff daily.
- Volunteering in my child’s school, if needed.
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education and welfare.
- Being my child’s advocate by having an open, professional, respectful, and courteous communication between myself and my student’s teacher(s).
- Encouraging my child to treat others as they would like to be treated.
- Encouraging my child to adhere to the campus and district policies.
I, as a student, will share the responsibility to achieve the State’s high academic standards. Specifically, I will:
- Set high standards and high expectations for my social, emotional, and academic growth and progress.
- Be prepared for class, be attentive, and actively participate in lessons.
- Complete and turn in all homework assignments on time.
- Ask parents for help if needed and have parents review homework.
- Give to my parents/guardians all notices and information received by me from school every day.
- Be responsible for my own behavior and actions.
- Be kind to others even if they are not my friend.
Report bullying to any school staff member.
Parent Signature: __________________________________ Date: ______________
Student Signature: _________________________________ Date: ______________
Teacher Signature: _________________________________ Date: ______________
Reviewed 06-01-20 and no changes made.