11/15/2019| CIS ANNOUNCEMENT CREW
- Come fill out a Thank you note to a Veteran in the Library during the month of November. These notes will be given to Veterans and active duty military.
- If you are interested in joining the EXCEL Club, come talk to Ms. Moore in room 109.
- Saturday Math tutoring is cancelled tomorrow morning. Students assigned to Saturday detention ARE still required to attend.
- Lost and Found- Please stop by the front office if you have lost anything from clothing to glasses. Thank you
- Got Library Fines? You can pay your Library fines with canned food items. Limited time only so get them in ASAP. Cans will be donated to a local food pantry.
- Have a bunch of old coats sitting uselessly in your closet? Be the Change club is sponsoring a coat drive through December 19! Bring any size of gently used coat to room 213-219 to donate.
- Art club, Room 409, Time 4:30-5:30 PM, Nov 19th. (Next Tuesday) All are welcome, students do not have to be enrolled in art to be in the art club, but should have an interest in making and learning about art.
- The Killeen High Boys Soccer team will hold tryouts after school on 2 December. Players must turn in a physical to the athletic trainers and be eligible on rankonesports.com. For questions see Coach McDaniel or Coach Vordtriede (pronounced Vor-tree-d).
- The Lady Roo Soccer team is looking for new members. Soccer tryouts will begin December 2ndafter school. You must have a physical and be cleared in Rank One to try out. Please see Coach Wood or Coach Gonzalez if you are interested in trying out.
- Please come to Chipotle in Harker Heights to support the KHS chess team. Mention you are there to support KHS chess when you pay. Thank you!
- Mandatory Rowdy Roo meeting next Wednesday in room 130 at 4:30?
- If you need to take the TSI for Dual Credit, STEM, or college entrance please go see Fritsch (Frenchie) for more information.
- Congratulations to all the JROTC cadets who competed recently in the “Cowtown Classic” JROTC Drill Meet in Ft Worth. For the third time, the ROOs were the Grand Champions in the largest JROTC drill competition in Texas. The Unarmed Drill and Academic Teams placed 1st overall and the Armed Drill Team placed 2nd overall. All the Fitness Teams, Air Rifle, and Color Guards finished in the top ten of over 40 schools. Cadets receiving medals included Alejandra Gomez, Michael Hernandez, and Walter Gibson. All ROO Special Team members are invited to come by JROTC after school today for a well-earned recognition and congratulations ceremony!
- The Athletic Training Program has t-shirts and game shirts available for purchase through the Killeen Kangaroo Athletic Booster Club.
- Grey Cotton T-Shirts $5/ each (Small-XL) Maroon Soccer Jersey Style $10/ each (Small-XXL) Please contact Doc Beeman or Doc Vallejo for purchase. We will deliver shirts to you as you order. Checks made out to Killeen Athletic Booster Club.
- The KHS National Honor Society will be hosting a fundraiser at Chipotle in Harker Heights Monday 11/18 from 5-9 pm. Mention you are there to support KHS chess when you pay. Thank you!
- Also, Communities in Schools is collecting canned goods and dry goods. Please support by bringing in items to donate. Make sure they are not EXPIRED food items Whoever donates the most items will receive a prize.
- Communities in Schools “B” Lunch students’ can play basketball every Thursday in the small gym. Must be signed up for CIS to participate.
- Communities in Schools Young men’s’ & Young Women’s’ group will have a game day next Thursday 11/21/2019 in the CIS room from 4:15pm -6:15pm